The Alexander Technique is a way to stop and re-direct yourself for healing, joy, and
What is it for?
- Relief from stress, tension, and pain
- Improved posture, better breathing, and easy movement
- Better health, well-being, and overall functioning
- Technical kills improvement and coordination
- Personal growth, self-knowledge, creativity
- Self-confidence, presentation and performance skills
- Changing habits of all kinds
A proven approach to pain relief, self-care, and skills improvement, The Alexander Technique (AT) is a method that people of all ages and abilities can learn to relieve the pain and stress caused by everyday misuse of the body. The Technique has been used all over the world for more than a century, by people from all walks of life, from famous actors to musicians with RSI or tendonitis, to computer users and athletes with chronic back problems.
With AT, you learn how to strip away the movement habits and tension patterns at the root of your discomfort. You learn how to balance your own body and take charge of your own health. You learn how to sit, stand and move–with safety, efficiency and ease. AT teaches you how to successfully get from where you are (A) to where you want to go (B) with the least amount of effort possible, and greatest amount of joy.
AT is taught by teachers in private or group settings, using words and ideas and/or gentle hands-on guidance. With a clear intention, you can achieve your goals with whole-person integrity and incredible efficiency by simply eliminating the obstacles along the way, using the universal principles outlined by F.M. Alexander in his technique.
Who is it for?
Anyone with a body and a mind!
Read more about The Alexander Technique:
- Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique http://alexandertechnique.com/
- Quick FAQs: http://www.altmd.com/Articles/Alexander-Technique-FAQ
- AmSAT info page: http://www.amsatonline.org/alexander-technique
- ATI info page: http://www.ati-net.com/ati-alex.php