- Columbus (Grandview area)
- Granville (Denison University)
- Delaware (All Life Center)
- (614) 264-3724
- PoisedforLife.com — Teaching practice
- ConstructiveRest.com — producer of Constructive Rest: The Audio Guide Series
- BreathingBookforHorn.com — author of The Breathing Book for Horn
- SmartPoise.com — owner of SmartPoise Productions, LLC
- GetTheStressOut.com — The Alexander Technique at Denison University
- AllLifeCenter.org — All Life Center for Integrative Well Being
David Nesmith had his first Alexander Technique lesson on April Fools’ Day, 1995. He immediately experienced the benefits of practicing The Alexander Technique, immersing himself in what would become a tremendous transformation. “I can change” became the mantra that propelled David from a realm of harmful habit and discomfort to one of discovery and expansiveness.
In 2003, after years assimilating wisdom from some of the greatest teachers of The Alexander Technique, David experienced a fundamental shift, feeling free more often than tense. His breath has slowed and deepened and he stands taller. Now a certified Alexander Technique instructor for more than 10 years, he teaches at Denison University and enjoys a private practice in Columbus, Ohio.
David’s horn playing career continues to develop, along with his focus on applying The Alexander Technique for performance enhancement and injury prevention. He served for 10 years as Principal horn of the Cleveland Chamber Symphony and has performed with numerous other symphonies. He has been a member of the Cathedral Brass Ensemble (Columbus) since 1990, the West Virginia Symphony since 1985, and performs with the New Hampshire Music Festival each summer.
A licensed member of Andover Educators, he teaches the course What Every Musician Needs to Know about the Body. He has written several articles on The Alexander Technique and Body Mapping (www.poisedforlife.com). Most recently, David has developed Constructive Rest: The Audio Guide Series, available at constructiverest.com.
An enthusiastic musician, hiker, and salsa dancer, he truly appreciates getting to know people. David’s passion for sharing The Alexander Technique and Body Mapping takes him all over the world, teaching and participating in workshops.